How to tell if you’ve been creeped by a troll:
1) Trolls are narcissistic, sadistic, and psychopathic.
2) Trolls are people who make comments to upset others because they find joy in upsetting people.
3) Usually it is very difficult to tell the difference between a troll and somebody who is simply an asshole. It is important to note that a troll doesn’t always resort to insults.
4) Trolls will make statements unsupported by any evidence, and when asked for evidence supporting their claims will become verbally abusive with the person questioning them.
5) Trolls will seek out family and friends of their victims and begin to harass them online as well.
6) Trolls have far too much time on their hands, they usually end up being people who can not hold a job or have resorted to living off the system, thus giving them all day to surf the internet and spread their nastiness.
7) Trolls are usually poorly educated, and do not have the intelligence to argue their point, and as such are prone to resorting to personal attacks when challenged.
8) Trolls do not have overly active social media accounts. When you check the troll you will find no pictures or information available that identify them in any way. They usually have few people on their friend lists if any, and are famous for the “fake account”
9) Trolls do not understand the term “agree to disagree” if you do not agree with them they will begin to personally attack you, and anyone who comes to your defense.
10) The best way to handle a troll is to ignore them completely. They are looking for a reaction and when you don’t give them what they want they will soon move on in search of someone who will.
The most important thing I can tell you about internet trolls (and believe me I learned this the hard way) is DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!